Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop? SOLVED

On 2007/04/12, at 16:36, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Not if you use Microsoft Office for Mac.  Maybe they've fixed it more
recently (I think my copy is two years old), but true MSFT Office is
the only app I have that consistently generates mojibake.

I haven't seen any mojibake on it, but I have seen other stuff that makes me crazy, and I end up just booting up the WinXP VM. I suspect that Office for Mac is flawed by design.