Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?

On Apr 11, 2007, at 5:30 AM, Curt Sampson wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Jonathan Q wrote:

I dunno, but putting two fingers on the track pad and clicking = a right
click, and that no longer bugs me at all.

Well, that makes all the difference! It's that kind of thing that could
make life with a Macbook possible for me.

But can someone explain how this obscure secret that you're unlikely
ever to discover unless told by a person or help file is more
user-friendly, especially to beginners, than just having a second
button?

That's no secret - it's in the system preferences (iirc)
Everything what has to do with a second mouse button usually has to be enabled in the system preferences (like the second mouse button of a mighty mouse) except you are attaching a "real" two-button mouse.

And you have a right click with one button as well: ctrl+click but software should be designed in the Apple-world that you can handle everything with only one mouse-button - you rarely need a second one in the Apple-world. Actually I can't remember a piece of software right now where I have to use the context-menu.

Niels

--
Jammern fÃr AnfÃnger: Niels K. (25) Jammerbacke -- auch fÃr professionelles Jammern zu haben
http://jammern.wordpress.com