Re: [tlug] Seriously? No undo for rm? No trash bin?

The thing is, I am certain that I have on occasion deleted something
from the command line, and Ubuntu moved it into my trash bin. So
initially, I wasn't to panicked.

I have never seen this type of behaviour ... having said that it may happen I have just never noticed. AFAIK the "Trash" directory is where gui file managers move files when you delete them.

I looked on Google, and most things I read say that Linux is extremely
unforgiving, and there is no way to reverse an "rm" command.

You *could* try some forensic recovery tools, however restoring from your last backup is usually easier. If the data you are working on is super important you may want to increase the frequency of backups (or check ins) in the future.

Regards, Keith