Re: [tlug] Networking two Linux computers harder than Linux toWindows?

Hi

> What is not clear to me is where the refusal is happening. So far as I
> can tell, I've opened the permissions on all the relevant directories. I
> think I have the right names and passwords.

Did you try to list the shares on that Windows box?

sudo smbclient -L 192.168.whatever.that.ip.was -U usernameonthatXPbox -W theworkgroupname

If it asks you for password at least you know that you've got connectivity etc. Also, make sure the XP box doesn't have the firewall enabled, that can cause trouble as well.

HTH

Scott VanDusen
Tokyo