Re: [tlug] how filesystem works?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Actually, IMO it's better to think in terms of "mv == rename" first,
with a special extension for the case where renaming is not possible
(different file systems).  This clear up a lot of confusion about mv
for many newbies.  It's a shame there's not a similar intuition for rm.

Just calling it "unlink," which is the name of the system call it uses, might help.