Re: [tlug] [OT] How is Akanbe expressed in English?

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 03:33:40PM -0700, Walter Hansen wrote:
> Drew Hamilton wrote:
> >>My wife chimed in and says she's seen Canadians do the pulling down of
> >>the lower eyelid.
> >Really?  I was born and raised in Canada and never saw a single person
> >do that...
> >- awh
>

> Would have been Winnipeg about 1960. She says the kids in her classes did that,
> but she never saw an adult do it.

I might mention, since we are such an international list, that when
Walter lists various things (sticking out your tongue, moose horns and
the like) as juvenile, he means REALLY juvenile.  A twelve year old
would be too old to do it, save as a joke.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Adam: You failed me.
Spike: Let's not quibble about who failed who.