Re: [tlug] how filesystem works?

* (emiddleton@example.com) [070330 09:57]:
> Because in general the operating system doesn't give you any control of
> where a file, in a file system, is physically placed on the hardware.

oh, I see. I thought there are some software tools available which would
allow me to do it. At least in some indirect way. Very well than. It seem
that here I come to the end of the story.

Still it would have been interesting to find out, whether the new kernel
image was further on the disk than the older one.

Interestingly enough, today there was an upgrade of kernel image
available. So I upgraded and voila....now the *new* kernel boots.
In this way, my primary trouble with grub disappeared :)

Best regards
Michal