Re: [tlug] No sound in Flash... help not helping

On æ, 2007-03-26 at 18:06 +0900, Darren Cook wrote:
> Sound in flash doesn't work for me if I'm running xmms: then flash
> will not get the sound card but will not complain. However if I have a
> web page with flash with sound and then try to start xmms I get told
> another application is using the sound card.

I had a very similar problem; the solution was very simple. In audacious
(Gentoo has deprecated xmms in favor of audacious) I had the output
device set to ``Intel ICH7 (hw:0,0)''. It was totally stealing the sound
device. When I changed it to ``Default PCM device'', all sound works
fine in all applications simultaneously.

(Note that I have an intel8x0 sound controller, and had to enable dmix
in alsa-sound for this to work.)

HTH
--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- slu <AT> ccsr <DOT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  ccsr.uchicago.edu