Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice [SOLVED]

Scott, Darren,

Thank you for replying.

I followed along with Scott's recomendations for solving this problem, which started to take me in a bunch of directions.

To make a long story short, I ended up completely wiping out all my Japanese input and starting over with these instructions:

And I have Japanese input the way I like it - no SCIM, just UIM and Anthy.

And then, I followed some advice given to me on the OpenOffice forum and scrapped the OpenOffice version that I was getting from the Ubuntu repositories (there were some minor hassles in getting rid of it because of package dependencies). I went to OpenOffice.org and downloaded their latest version, 2.1.

And hey, presto, I've got Japanese input again.

Sweet.

Thanks to everyone for helping out!

--
Dave M G