Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

> And, to add insult to injury, I now have this extra icon in my Gnome
> Panel (it looks like a grey keyboard), and this more annoying floating
> menu for SCIM hanging around on my desktop.
> How do I get this damned SCIM interface to go away?

I don't know how to lose the grey keyboard icon, but if you right-click
it you can access the scim setup. I also see a hide toolbar option in
that drop-down menu. (But I have it unchecked, and only see it when I
switch into a non-English input mode.)

BTW, in my environment I have:
 XMODIFIERS=@example.com
 GTK_IM_MODULE=scim

I don't know if open office is using either or both of those? (Or even
if the differing case is important?!)

Darren

--
Darren Cook