Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:26:54 -0500, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>
wrote:

> (Godwin, in your Copious Free Time, give that shot sometime--you're
> running modified Slack IIRC, and see if it works with en_US.utf-8--or
> do you use en_GB, or French--well, whatever you use, and see if
> adding the GTK_IM_MODULE line lets it work even if you don't set
> LC_CTYPE to ja_JP.)

I did ages ago which is how I came to the conclusion that OOo was
requiring LC_CTYPE.

I have this small script with which I prefix applications when I want
to start them with support for Japanese input:

#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" == "soffice" ]; then
  XMODIFIERS=@example.com GTK_IM_MODULE="scim" LANG=en_US.utf8 LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.utf8 "$@"
elif [ "$1" == "firefox-remote" ]; then
  XMODIFIERS=@example.com GTK_IM_MODULE="scim" LANG=ja_JP.utf8 "$@"
else
  XMODIFIERS=@example.com GTK_IM_MODULE="scim" LANG=en_US.utf8 G_FILENAME_ENCODING=ISO-8859-15 "$@"
fi

eg: if I want to start sylpheed with Japanese support I run "jap sylpheed".

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Shortcut, n.:
        The longest distance between two points.