Re: [tlug] Lost Japanese Input in OpenOffice

I'm also having problems with Japanese input under OO 2.0.4. I'm using
Debian Etch with uim-anthy and en_US.UTF8 as my language environment.
UIM's settings are properly configured (used uim-pref-gtk for this)
and although it's not necessary, im-switch is also installed. Japanese
support  under X was enabled by adding the following commands to
$HOME/.xprofile:

export XMODIFIERS=@example.com
export XMODIFIER=@example.com
export GTK_IM_MODULE=uim

One thing that I noticed is that it doesn't work with GnuCash 2.0.2
either. Although its authors claim that it supports Unicode input, I
can't switch to Japanese using UIM's shortcut nor im-switch. I don't
know if it's a bug or not (didn't see any related tickets on
Bugzilla). It works perfectly with all other applications.

I don't tend to use OO that much, but I'm almost sure I've managed to
write Japanese on it previously. Perhaps it's a specific-version bug?
(Found no Bugzilla tickets either).