Re: [tlug]Installing Japanese characters in SUSE

Chamidu wrote:

> I am a new comer for tlug. Currently I am using SUSE 10.0 distribution
> and I want to install Japanese fonts in Open Office. Still I could not
> achieve this in SUSE, but I fond in the web that it supports in UBUNTU
> distro. Is there any software like Global IME in windows ? Any idea ?

You can enable full Japanese support in SUSE. It's available as an option
during installation. After installation, you can add it from the
configuration GUI. The exact process depends on which desktop you are
using, including the version, but it should be easy to find. As the input
system, you will want to install SCIM+Anthy at a minimum.

--
Wataru Tenga, Tokyo