Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding [SOLVED]

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 02:57:23PM +0100, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:52:35 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
> <stephen@??> wrote:
>
> > What "list of charsets"?
> >
> > You should be able to generate the locale yourself with something like
> >
> > localedef -u ISO-2022-JP ja_JP.ISO-2022-JP

That didn't seem to work, the machine just hung.   (Also, I had to laugh
when Stephen wrote "misunderstanding."  In the sense of "lack of
understanding" it's certainly correct.  Locales have always been a bit
of a black box for me.  I understand how to make them do what I want in
general, but I don't really grok their internals.

At any rate, thanks to Stephen and Edward, I can give the fellow at Arch
a solution.  The send_charset parameter, when put into .muttrc worked
for me.  Sending test emails and looking at them with mutt's edit option
shows that they are in iso-2022-jp.

I want to thank everyone for their assistance in this thread.

It's times like this when sees the community at its best.

> OTOH, iconv certainly does know about it:
>
> $ iconv -l | grep 2022
> ISO-2022-JP

Yup, that was there.

Thank you again, everyone.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Anya: This isn't a relationship. You don't need me.  All
you care about is lots of orgasms.
Xander: Okay, remember how we talked about private conversations?
How they're less private when they're in front of my friends?
Spike: Oh we're not your friends. Go on.
Giles: Please don't