Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 06:13:44PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Scott Robbins writes:
>
>  > I'd forgotten about that one.  However, as Arch doesn't have the
>  > ISO-2022 charset, would that work?
>
> This just doesn't parse.  Arch is a Linux distro, Linux distros use
> glibc for their standard C library, glibc provides gconv which
> definitely provides conversions to and from ISO-2022-JP.  ISTR you
> have iconv and can use that to do conversions, too.
>
> So what exactly do you mean when you say Arch "doesn't have ISO-2022"?

It does of course, have iconv, but what I meant is that it's not
available as a locale.  I also looked at their list of charsets and
didn't see it there, either.

As I said in one of my posts here, it does seems as if it would be
possible to do iconv, but I don't know if mutt can do it on the fly in
Arch.  I'm curious to try Edward's suggestion though, and use the
send_charset parameter.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Joyce: Something's gonna eat those babies?
Principal Snyder: I think that is so wrong.