Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:36:31PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Darren Cook wrote:
>
> >I know for Docomo that sending Japanese in UTF-8 doesn't display (you'd
> >think Docomo would convert at their gateway, given the information is in
> >the mail headers).
>
> The last time I tried sending UTF-8 mail to a Docomo phone (and quite an
> old one, too), it worked for me. But this was for mail only; their web
> browsers/proxies understand only Shift_JIS.

Thanks Curt.  Some quick googling this morning hasn't helped me in
figuring out how to add a locale.  I suppose he could run it through
iconv, but it seems a lot of work.   (I tried playing with that briefly
too, but it seems I'd have to do iconv > textfile then read the
textfile.)  :)

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Giles: You never train with me anymore. He's gonna kick your ass.