Re: [tlug] Re: About Japanese input systems

On 2/27/07, Wataru Tenga <wtenga@??> wrote:
[cross-posted to honyaku-linux and tlug groups]

Anyway, I highly recommend this magazine to anyone in Japan who has a keen
interest in the various Japanese input systems available for Linux.
Interestingly, I have found no mention at all about ATOK, Just Systems'
proprietary system.

Wataru Tenga

Does anybody have any experience with ATOK? I've been running SCIM-ANTHY in my office and the Japanese users are not satisfied with the quality of the kanji predection.

I noticed in the archive that somebody recommended SCIM-PRIME, but
I've been unable to successfully install it on system (we're running
Centos 4).

I'd be more than willing to shell out some cash for ATOK, provided
it's comparable to the MS IME or better than Anthy.

Conor