Re: [tlug] network losing connection

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 09:49 +0100, Sigurd Urdahl wrote:
> Matt Gross wrote:

> [..]

<snip>

Thank you all for the great info.  I am back with new developments:

My laptop network card, which also has an internal gigabit ethernet card
and runs Fedora Core 6, stopped working as well.  I recently updated the
system with yum.

Last night I was fed up with my computers not working and decided to
simply reinstall the laptop with the Fedora Core 6 rescue disk.  I
connected to on of the http mirrors and downloaded everything during the
install.  So, this means my network card on my laptop works when I boot
from the F6 rescue cdrom.  _BUT_ after the install, the network card
would not work!  This is good.  More evidence pointing towards a recent
driver update perhaps?

Back to my server which was the original problem, I connected a USB
network card to my server and it is working flawlessly (as long as I
don't complain about the slow speed ;).

What do you think?  Does this sound like a driver problem to you?  I
haven't been experiencing any problems since I connected the slower
network card.

If this is a driver problem, how would I go about tracking down the
driver problem and getting it fixed?

Thanks again everyone!

Matt

<snip>