[tlug] Tutorial on how to get MythTV to show Japanese text correctly

TLUG,

I just put up a tutorial on how to get MythTV to properly display Japanese program information onto the MythTV Wiki.

I thought that you guys might be interested in it. I know Al Hoang had a blog post where he said he was unimpressed with Ubuntu and MythTV and gave up on getting it to run. I don't know if that was his last impression on the matter, but maybe this will encourage him or others interested to give it a whirl.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Utf8_Text_in_OSD

Personally, I think Japanese TV sucks pretty bad, but it's undeniably good language practice. Watching it with MythTV and all its features makes the Japanese TV experience a little less painful.

Anyway, I hope the information above is helpful to others.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft