A Comment on Wikipedia (was Re:[tlug] ruby and python in Japan)

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:29:24 +0900
> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@??>
> Subject: Re: [tlug] ruby and python in Japan
> To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@??>
<snip>
> Edward Middleton writes:
> And monkey-patching is available in Python (AFAICT the term
> originated in the Zope community, but my source is wikipedia
> which (a) can't spell "guerrilla" and (b) clearly is based on
> iterated hearsay). Pablotron sez the name comes from the
> Python community, but also cites the Wikipedia article.
>
> The OP said "casual"; you can't casually do surgery on an
> existing class in Python, but you can do it without much trouble.

If you thoroughly look through their terms of use and submission
Guidelines, itterated hearsay is almost a requirement for Wikipedia.

A professional who states that a fact is incorrect based on having
actually experienced a situation three hundred plus times (and makes
the mistake of saying so), is shot down pretty quick on grouns of
"original research" or "non-neutral point of view."

On the other hand, Joe Schmo who read an article in the local
Tabloids (And is using that as a foundation for his "knowledge"
of a subject) is free to type whatever he wants as long as it
sounds logical.

^^;;

Wikipedia is awesome, but take it with a grain of salt, or
Maybe a few shots of something stiff. :)