Re: [tlug] C++ compile probblem

Brett Robson writes:

 > The programme is Freya, a (old abandon-ware) search engine, and yes
 > replacing it would be a great idea and that is probably what I'll end up
 > doing.

What do you mean by "search engine"?  A web spider, or a full-text
indexer for local storage?

If the latter, have you considered Xapian?  (http://www.xapian.org/)
It looks like it has all the advantages of WAIS with many
improvements, and I'm looking at installing it for XEmacs's archives
and website.  I haven't really had time to get into it, but with the
school year winding down this is a good time for me.  Maybe a joint
benkyokai would be a good idea?

Xapian is organized around a library, so it surely can be adapted to
spider use, but I don't want to get that far into it for my own
purposes---everything I need to index is neatly arranged in two
hierarchies.