Re: [tlug] Panasonic Toughbook (English)

Curt Sampson wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Ayettey wrote:

Thank you for your speedy reply Hiroshi. If I buy a computer from overseas,
it would be hard to get support if something happened so I thought buying
one here would be safer.

Acutally, that may not be the case for some laptops. People travel with them, so some companies offer worldwide support as a standard thing.

This appears to be the case with my IBM ThinkPad (though I did buy a
Japanese one).

Dell in Japan lets you choose an English keyboard, and I am pretty sure they have a global support option. Sony Vaio also has global support option, and you can either order an English keyboard by ordering direct or you can get your notebook converted if you buy one with a Japanese keyboard. Service is great.