Re: [tlug] Panasonic Toughbook (English)

Hi tlugers and Ayettey,

I can understand your concerns well. Who want support and english keyboard
in Japan may see Lenovo thinkpad notebook. Lenovo, formerly IBM, provide english
keyboard as option.
I'm also using ThinkPad with English keyboard now and it is supported by
Japanese deeler.

I've used Linux over 10years and Panasonic let's note/ToughBook from
2002 with Linux.
I love R series because of battery life and light weight, but W or Y
series are better
for beginer, because it have dvd-drive.

For R series, I need to set up a network boot environment(tftp, bootp etc).
It may require you  high level skills.
Since I love Debian GNU/Linux, If I recommend, the best is Ubuntu.
It include Panasonic driver and X configuration template by Japanese
volunteers,
Utuntu-Ja project.

Hiroshi