Re: [tlug] daemon daze

On 2/16/07, Chris BALUTA <baluta@??> wrote:
   Not being terribly linux saavy, I've always just (1)shut down,
(2) plugged in, and (3) rebooted.

   Am I correct in assuming that there is a daemon somewhere
that I can reboot/restart, so that I can skip step (1) here,
plug in, then change step (3) to "restart daemon"??

G'day Chris,

This may help:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

or

ifconfig eth0 up

However, a pretty good thing to investigate is a utility called
ifplugd. This will detect if there is a a link or not. If not then the
interface will stay down. If you plug in a cable then the interface
will automatically come up.

Regards, Keith