Re: [tlug] Pre-installed linux?

burlingk@?? writes:

 > On the subject of used computer parts, How good are celerons and durons
 > for running linux?

I wouldn't know.  My mail/web server in a P133 (thats not the
stepping, that's the MHz); my Coda server is a PII (maybe MMX) @
450MHz; my Zope server that sits behind the web server is another PII
@example.com (admittedly, that's running NetBSD, but it could easily be
Linux).  None of these boxes have more than 256MB of RAM.

The machine I'm typing this on is a whole 'nuther smoke, but it
doesn't help me guess about durons, nosirree.

 > mainly have the goals of cheap, linux compatible, and able to get online
 > and compile c++ code. :P

For the last you do want a few MIPS to spare, but once you get to
1.5GHz, the important question is how much memory can you get on the
mobo.  Modern browsers are pigs, and serious C++, now that's the whole
hawg.