Re: [tlug] Top posting craziness

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:38:16 +0900, "Shannon Jacobs"
<shannon.jacobs@??> wrote:

> My own preference is for top posting in most cases. The primary reason
> is simply that it allows me to form a coherent and well-structured
> presentation of new ideas, while still leaving the previous material
> available for convenient reference.

Precisely.

It's for lazy users. Lazy because they need previous correspondance
available for "convenient reference", and lazy because the whole
top-posting stupidity started through a well-known virus propagation
engine pretending to be an MUA that infests most desktop PCs today
placing the text cursor above the (sometimes) quoted material in a
reply and users subsequently considering that it's too much effort to
put the format right.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@??

Real programmers don't write in FORTRAN.  FORTRAN is for pipe stress
freaks and crystallography weenies.  FORTRAN is for wimp engineers who
wear white socks.