Re: [tlug] Pre-installed linux?

Scott Robbins wrote:

If your friend could use Fedora, Arch, Mandriva, FreeBSD, Gentoo,
Vector, or basically anything NOT based on Ubuntu, he should be fine. I
believe the Dell towers have ATI cards if I'm not mistaken.
Hrmm. I'm taking the long weekend to stop being a hypocrite and to finally INSTALL Linux instead of just talking about it all the time. I downloaded Gentoo and Ubuntu to get started... figured I would use the LiveCD for each to see which one I preferred. I've already repartitioned (I have a MS-native App that I can't lose for my work, so until I get wine working it's going to be dual boot), but haven't installed yet.

I have an ATI Radeon 7500 in my Thinkpad. I wonder, will this also cause a problem?

I was able to boot to the LiveCD, but the refresh rates were strange, causing my monitor to (only slightly) display part of the image off the screen.

Maybe I should try the Gentoo LiveCD as well and see if I have similar problems.

Mark