Re: [tlug] Linux, Solaris & AIX

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 19:30:12 -0800 (PST), "mike miller B-\)"
<miklmiller@??> wrote:

> Ok, being a mailing list "newbie" (maybe 6 posts in 2 mailing lists
> over 3-4 years) this is the first I've heard of this. Did my post
> also violate "Failing to trim" and "Thread hijacking" aspects as well
> from your perspecitve?

Not from mine as far as I can see, but your mailer does also fail to
quote correctly. Note how your text has "> " in the left margin - it
makes it clear what I'm replying to and what my reply is.

Secondly, your lines shouldn't be more than 72-76 characters in length.
As they are now, your paragraphs are just one long line, which is a
nuisance if your readers' mailers are also going to display them as one
long line that stretches off the edge of the screen. A line longer than
998 characters plus the terminal <CR><LF> is also in breach of the RFCs.

Finally, whatever you do, please *STOP* posting in HTML. HTML is for
web pages, not for e-mail.

Thank you for your consideration.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@??

Are Linux users lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?
        -- Matt Welsh