[tlug] OT: receiving money by Paypal in Japan

Please excuse another OT post, but I really need this info and I think
this group has the best chance of being able to deliver. If you are the
sort of person who thinks these threads should be conducted offline and
summarized, then email me directly. If you believe good info should be
shared on the list, then share on the list :-)

Q: Has anyone received money from overseas via Paypal?  What I would
   like to know is whether your *bank* charged you a fee to "download"
   the yen from Paypal to your local account (this is presuming it was
   converted to yen by Paypal - no exchange is required at this point).
   Was it a bank account or yuubin chokin (postal account)?  How much
   did they charge, or was it free (as it is in the US :-)

I'm going to be taking a trip to Japan soon with some friends and trying
to find the most economical way to exchange money.  This seems like a
good bet, because Paypal's spread is only 2.5%, while banks over here
seem to charge around 4%.

Thanks a lot,
Dave