Re: [tlug] Stand Up for OpenOffice!!

On 1/27/07, Roger Markus <rogermarku@example.com> wrote:
P-III 1GHz, 512MB RAM
15 seconds to open OpenOffice Writer

I have the same stats (P3, 1Ghz, 512). The first time I open office by itself it takes 15 sec., after closing it completely I find that I can open an Open Office Doc (write or cal) in 8 sec, an MS Word Doc in 9 and I can open the main program alone in 5 sec.

I would also like to testify that I'm in law school using Open Office
(on Xubuntu) exclusively for all my assignments, for opening handouts
emailed by the prof, for following along in lectures  with slides made
in powerpoint.  I'm completely satisfied.

Only once have I faced a challenge - one prof. required that an
asignement be completed using Arial font.  But I found what I needed
in time.