[tlug] Stand Up for OpenOffice!!

There was an interesting post here recently about TV coverage of an office that had begun using Linux and OpenOffice.  It was a nice positive post that was immediately attacked by a prominent poster here who admits that (and this is copy-pasted) "I don't use OOo".  His major complaint seems to be the speed at which OpenOffice opens.  He claims it takes a very long time (if he doesn't use it, how does he know?), but I have found this not to be the case, even with fairly old machines.

So I would like to ask the members of this group who *are* OpenOffice users to briefly state how long the program takes to open on their computers, particularly their Linux machines (it's not in dispute that OpenOffice is less than ideal on Macs, an apparently favorite machine of the man who admits."I don't use OOo").

As for myself, the machine I'm writing this message with is as follows:

P-III 1GHz, 512MB RAM
15 seconds to open OpenOffice Writer

How about the other OpenOffice users in this group?  Lets get some *accurate* information posted about this!

RM