Re: [tlug] Vmware won't uninstall/re-install

Botond,

Thanks for replying.
It's called vmware-uninstall.pl
Anyway, if you installed it, it must be somehwere.
find / -name "vmware*"
Well, you were sort of right. There was no vmware-uninstall.pl on my system already.

But it turned out that there was one in the tar.gz package for the latest version which I had just downloaded and unpacked. It noticed it when I ran the command you provided:

dave@example.com:~$ find / -name "vmware*"
/home/dave/Desktop/vmware-server-distrib/bin/vmware-uninstall.pl

I ran it, and it complained that everything was already gone. It seemed to do nothing but return errors.

But, nonetheless, I was able to run the installer after that.

Hopefully that will work.

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft