Re: [tlug] Lost my Nvidia driver somehow [SOLVED]

Edward, Stephen,

Thank you for replying.

Edward said:
Just a guess ...The
2.6.17.1 kernel only looks for modules in /lib/modules/2.6.17.7
directory so it won't find the /lib/modules/2.6.19.1/video/nvidia.ko module.
Thank you this helped, and now Nvidia is back up and running, and I'm back into X. Getting back to a GUI is like stepping into a warm bath.

I also found this handy utility which helps automate the Nvidia install process:

http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Thanks guys. Once again TLUG gets me back on course.

?--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft
Kernel 2.6.17.7