Re: [tlug] Networking two Linux computers harder than Linux to Windows?

But now that my girlfriend's laptop is Ubuntu... I can't find it now
matter how I look for it. I've tried connecting by FTP, SSH... I looked
up on the web and there's all this talk about setting up DHCP servers or
sshfs...

Is her laptop running any one of those services? That is ftp, ssh, samba or what ever?

Ubuntu is by default a desktop distor, so most of these services will
either be off or not installed. Trying to connect via ssh to your
toaster when it is not running sshd wont work either :-)

Regards, Keith