Re: [tlug] Gentoo as a Server.

On 25/01/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

Josh Glover writes:

 > I do not "emerge world"--which results in every package you have
 > installed being upgraded to the latest stable version--on my
 > desktop system, let alone a server.

To each his own, but with the tone being "Josh sez, don't do that", I
think you're excessively paranoid.

My default position is not to break a working system, which "emerge world"--or "build world" or the various "update all of my packages, please" tools on the binary distros--makes more likely than carefully targetted upgrades.

I don't think that is excessively paranoid.

-Josh