Re: [tlug] dropping any IP that tries port 22?

I was thinking of running some other service on port 22 that would simply
write the IP address of anything that pinged it or whatever to a logfile,
then have fail2ban scan that logfile and ban all the IPs within
indefinately.

Nice idea, although I have on occasion forgot to put the -p <non standard port> on the ssh command line before trying to connect. Having this protection in place on such an occasion and I would definitely get the feeling of having outsmarted myself.

BAB