Re: [tlug] Well now I'm hosed - Dapper/Edgy died

Dave M G wrote:
TLUG,

After much file by file removal, I've seemingly got the errors down to two packages that are blocking me from upgrading to Edgy.
Good:-)

[..]
Is there any way I can manually blow these help files out of the dpkg/apt-get system, or resolve their dependancies, or anything so that I can successfully complete the sudo apt-get -f install process?

big hammer:

dpkg --purge --force-all

(you could probably get away with a "smaller" force than "all". I thing "--force-depends" should work.

kind regards,
-sig