Re: [tlug] Halfway between Dapper and Edgy

On 1/17/07, Shannon Jacobs <shannon.jacobs@example.com> wrote:
Sorry to make it into a crossword puzzle, but all I can
recall now is that it was four letters beginning with a "d", it had one
parameter, and it ran for a while and fixed the machine enough so that I
could recover it the rest of the way using apt-get... My fuzzy understanding
is that this utility program is actually a lower level of apt-get, but my
personal goal is to stay as much at the high levels as possible.

dselect? It can save you when apt-get, synaptic and aptitude decide to go on strike.