Re: [tlug] Command line way to wake up, and put to sleep, the screen?

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Dave M G wrote:

What I can't find information on, though, is if there are any commands I can run at the command line to instantly initiate the screen saver (turn the screen blank), and/or if I can send a signal to the monitors to go into power save mode.

I'm hoping for some commands that I can pass to irexec so that I can turn the monitors on or off (or at least make them go black) with my remote control.

Have a look at the xset command, particularly these options:

	xset dpms force standby
	xset dpms force suspend
	xset dpms force off
--