Re: [tlug] anyone played with Phidgets usb servo drivers and linux?

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 22:02 +0900, Zev Blut wrote:

> The kit I got was a slightly different version of this:
>
> http://www.phidgets.com/index.php?module=pncommerce&func=itemview&KID=1168520195218.45.208.17&IID=87

That looks cool. Too bad Plat home shut down their shop in Akihabara.
Couldn't find any phigets on their website so maybe I'll have to
import.

> Unfortunately, I have not made the time to do what I want with it yet.
> I will though :-) I got side tracked by writing a Ruby interface to
> the drivers and then encountered some threading issues with the Ruby
> interpreter and I just stopped.  If you are comfortable with C/C++ then
> it is pretty easy to use.  They have other bindings, but I have not
> played with them yet.

That is whats holding me back at the moment. I'm just learning shell
scripting and I know some perl, so I was hoping on using perl and cron
to automate the servos to feed my fish. I'm going to spend some time
reading the phigets forum to see how other people are using these.

The potential uses for these things is remarkable though. Thanks for the
tips on the TLUG presentation as well, I'm going to check that out now.

Cheers,
Scott the Robot,
Tokyo