Re: [tlug] ATOK for Linux

Darren Cook wrote:
> > I'm getting along OK with SCIM Anthy, but it is not as good an IME as,
> > say, the one in Windows XP.
>
> For me it was the first IME that was as good as the Windows one, but I
> probably don't count as a heavy user. Out of interest, what specifically
> didn't you like (e.g. dictionary size, conversion intelligence, user
> interface, etc.)?

It may be partly a matter of getting used to its quirks, but I find the
process of typing and converting somewhat awkward. Then there are apparent
glitches, such as when trying to insert text in the middle of an existing
sentence and not being able to under some circumstances. I'm about to try
Josh's suggestion of SCIM-PRIME to see how that goes.

--
Wataru Tenga, Tokyo