Re: [tlug] Xen advice, please

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, mcooper wrote:

Is Xen ready for production use?

I know people using Xen with production NetBSD systems; it works fine. It's the same Xen, and the port is not particularly hard, so I assume Linux would be fine, too.

You might want to think carefully about why you want to use it, though.
It essentially partitions your memory and disk space, so it reduces
sharing of resources and makes resource planning harder. You'd have to
a reason counterbalancing this to use Xen instead of just running more
applications on a single server.

cjs