[tlug] Re: Any HTML experts?

Jesse Costa <dazeysan@example.com> wrote:
>> On 1/6/07, Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> wrote:
>> > In HTML forms, is there any way to stop the pressing of the Enter
>> > key after putting in text in a <input type="text"  .... > box from
>> > sending in the whole form? Basically I'd like the *only* way for the
>> > form to be sent is the pressing of the <INPUT type="submit" .... >
>> > button.
[...]

Walter Hansen <gandalf@example.com> added:
>>  <d0e978600701062126l1d593a44h80552ddc57ecd258@example.com>
>>
>> I thought there might be a JS way to do this. Be sure to test it with
>> javascript disabled. We used forms that used JS validation and I found
>> that with JS turned off the forms were completely non functional.

Thanks for that suggestion, Jesse. It seems to work fine, but as
Walter thought, disabling JS locks it up.

I may be able to give users a choice of forms.

Many thanks

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554