Re: [tlug] RE: Response to pretty much all the copy right and liscense posts in the last who knows how long.

Fergal Daly writes:

 > The ultimate in copyleft would be something that forces you to
 > distribute all your modified versions, even the ones you only ever
 > used privately. I doubt there will ever be such a license,

Not to that extreme, but remember that "you" may be a corporate
person.  There are several extant licenses that require distribution
if you "deploy" licensed software internally.  Others (which are not
considered free by the FSF) require a giveback of modifications to the
licensor.  ISTR that a provision requiring publication of deployed
derivatives was proposed for GPLv3 and got serious consideration
(though RMS was against it from the start, he did give it a review) in
the pre-public review stage.