Re: Copyright Digression (Was: Re: [tlug] linux in Japanese schools)

On 9 janv. 07, at 00:41, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Now, you can define "work" any way you like, but the description
you've posted pretty clearly has little to do with the definition used
by U.S. copyright law (which as far as I know is fundamentally the
same in all jurisdictions participating in the relevant international
conventions).

Copyright implies that there is a second person besides the author who has or has not the right to copy the work.
That means that the work must exist for people _other_ than the author. So I think what I wrote has not "very little to do" with any copyright law. If the work only exists for the author then copyright law is not even relevant since nobody is ever going to infringe that law.

Jean-Christophe

Footnotes:
[1]  Cf. http://www.linuxmafix.com/~rick/faq/#djb, IIRC.

The server does not seem to answer.