Re: [tlug] bootable linux with sshd

On 02/01/07, Gerald Naughton <naughton123@example.com> wrote:
Fergal
--- Fergal Daly <fergal@example.com> wrote:

> Anyone know of a bootable linux distro that starts
> up an sshd automatically?
Install openssh
 yum search ssh

chkconfig sshd on will turn it on when booting up

Look at
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.58/htmldoc/Chapter8.html

Ensure Passwd is ok and then use keys

Sorry, I phrased my question badly. I'm looking for a live cd/usb disk distro that is sshable by default.

The machine boots fine with sshd as is but has already done an "I'm
not booting up"-job, which I managed to get around with various
semi-random keypresses (ctrl-d and ctrl-alt-del, assuming it's gone
into fsck-me mode) and a couple of reboots. I have no idea what
actually happened as no logs were written during any of this.

This is not the sort of thing that I want to have to talk my Japanese
parents in law through. I want to say "put the cd/usb disk in, turn
off, turn on, thanks" and then I get in and fix it.

>It's
> for use when my TV box becomes unresponsive (as I'm
> sure it will) and
> is sitting waiting for someone to make it fsck or
> whatever. There's
> not even a monitor attached to this so it has to be
> a case of "insert
> the boot medium, reboot, walk away" for my
> parents-in-law.
Tell them to hit power on/off switch
It is not healthy but only way that i can think of
then when logged in via sshd do a fsck

That assumes the machine boots into multi-user mode and not into recovery mode,