[tlug] spam and flash ads

Hi Tluggers,
I hope you all had a merry christmas. A couple of loosely related questions.

First is there a way (config/plugin/???) to increase the intelligence of
Thunderbird's spam filter. Specifically:
  If the from address is a to address in my outbox never flag it as spam

Or failing that:
  If the from address is in my address book never flag it as spam

In the 1000 spam folder entries I got over the past few days there were
3 genuine emails (hoping I didn't miss any others)!

Second, Firefox blocking of images doesn't affect flash! Is there a way
to have it do that? I.e. a generic URL block, not just images.

Alternatively is there a (really) easy way to block it at the network level?

The site I want to block is speed.pointroll.com: the domain name says it
all really doesn't it - they not only make flash ads that are CPU hogs
but they do something if you just move the mouse over them (which I keep
doing when I go to switch to another tab)! Unfortunately a site I have
to use regularly seems to serve most of their ads from these people. I
don't mind ads (and am a big fan of Flash) but not keeping them
well-behaved is akin to spamming.

Darren