Re: [tlug] tv tuners question - conclusion (sort of)

On 26/12/06, David Bennett <davidbennett1979@example.com> wrote:
On 12/26/06, Fergal Daly <fergal@example.com> wrote:

> The whole thing cost me about Y450,000 (not including capture card)
> which I think is pretty decent (it's about equal to the setup fee and
> 3 months subscription to JSTV in Europe and when you add in the
> satellite dish and the decoder and the hassle of wiring it all, I
> think I've already broken even).

!???! Sorry, I have missed the past few threads, but would you mind
going over the specs on your system one more time?

I just built a MythTV, 2 dual-tuner [total 4 tuners] (2xPVR-500) 2TB
system, brand new everything for 225,000 and I thought I had paid too
much.

Sorry, out by a factor of 10! It cost me 45,780 - I should just stick to Euros. It's much lower spec than yours, the aim was low power, low noise and just generally low impact on the parents. It's 2.5GHz, 512MB, 250GB and a PVR-350

Just curious as to what I am missing out on...

Stupidity :)

thanks. David