Re: [tlug] tv tuners question - conclusion (sort of)

Thanks for everyone's tips. I now have a nice little white box with a
PVR-350 (thanks again Shawn). It's happily capturing Japanese TV.

The whole thing cost me about Y450,000 (not including capture card)
which I think is pretty decent (it's about equal to the setup fee and
3 months subscription to JSTV in Europe and when you add in the
satellite dish and the decoder and the hassle of wiring it all, I
think I've already broken even).

I haven't decided on software yet. I thought I could use just the
backend of mythtv but looking a bit further into that, it doesn't seem
like that's how it's designed to work. at, cat, cron and perl are what
I use at home but that's not going to cut it for my wife!