Re: [tlug] bootable CD Japanese distro

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 12:59:51PM +0000, Fergal Daly wrote:
> On 21/12/06, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
> >On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:56:58PM +0900, Al Hoang wrote:
> >> >

> >>       How about Ubuntu Japanese Edition instead?
> >> http://www.ubuntulinux.jp/download
> >
> >One thing with Ubuntu's latest and greatest--the latest Edgy release
> >doesn't support many Matrox cards (and possibly others).
>
> I'm sticking with the 6.10 version unless you know a good reason not to,

6.10 is Edgy, the one where they upgraded Xorg and it caused problems
with various video cards.  This will be fixed (and may already be fixed
if one upgrades the system, but the install CD won't work with a few
video cards.)

Also a quick note--on lists like this, it's considered good practice to
trim unnecessary stuff.  For example, your post basically answers my
first point, then you left in all the other things I wrote.  While ~I~
might enjoy reading my words again, most of the list doesn't want to do
so.  :)

It's better to try to trim out unnecessary things when answering a post.
(For example, note that I snipped out all the rest of the email.)

The only reason I mention this publicly is because it's a VERY common
thing with people, especially those new to *nix like operating system
tech lists, so hopefully, other newcomers will see it and learn.

(If you're not a newcomer, and simply neglected to snip because you were
in a hurry, well, what the heck, they'll learn anyway.)  :)

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Xander: I don't get your crazy system!
Giles: It's called the alphabet.
Xander: Would ya look at that.